Friday, September 19, 2008

Flickr and New Photography

I have a new obsession...Flickr. Previously, I had used Smugmug to store all of my photos. It was great for storage, but there was no interaction or community feel to it. I was introduced to Flickr and it has become my new website to waste as much time as possible. You can add yourself to "groups" of interest, participate in forums within those groups, and upload photos to those groups to receive comments on them regarding your technique, subjects, etc. It is addicting!

Last night Mama Hop and I went to Big Spring Park so I could take some pictures of landmarks, downtown, etc. I'm doing this for my wedding guestbook. Rather than having a boring guestbook where people sign their names and then it goes in a closet, this guestbook will allow people to write messages and include photos from various landmarks around Huntsville (for me) and Cleveland (for Ryan).

I had never done night photography before, so last night was my first stab at it. I loved it! Everything turned out really well...below are some samples:



And while I'm at it...below are some photos from our trip to Cleveland this past weekend. These will also be images that will go into our wedding guestbook. Ryan's dad was able to take us up to the 33rd floor of the BP building where he's working so I could get some awesome shots...

No comments: